Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership Scholarship is open to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
Brief Description of Scholarship
Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
Deadline: 7 April 2023 (annual)
Study in: Any Country*
Course starts 2023
*Any approved academic institution around the world. GSEP encourages the application of students pursuing studies in universities of the global South.
Level/Field of study:
Master’s Programmes in areas directly related to zero-carbon energy development, sustainable energy development, renewable energy and/or the power sector.
Number of Awards:
About 12 scholarships will be awarded annually.
Citizens of developing countries listed by DAC/OECD
Scholarships of US$ 10,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters) as of mid to late 2023
- Be a citizen of a developing country on the list of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Assistance Committee of the OECD
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
– Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
– Is committed to zero-carbon energy development
– Has a history of community involvement
– Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Applications should be submitted together with required documents using the ESED Online Scholarship Application System. Deadline is 7 April 2023 (5pm ET) however, you are strongly encouraged to submit your file as early as possible.