Government Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship – Here is another golden opportunity for you who have been searching for a full funded scholarship to study in Ireland, all you need is to read down to see the application requirements and how to apply.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
However this Programme is championed by national initiative, and also funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council. The Scholarship Programme is highly designed to be competitive, with an velocity success rate of 18% .
For the good five past years. Successful applicants who have emerged as scholars under the programme are attested for demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the high ingredients of an ideas.
- must have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final;
- must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the programme, including to strategic partner themes;
- in the case of applications for a research master’s, must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council scholarship;
- in the case of applications for a doctoral degree, must not currently hold, or have previously held, any Council scholarship other than that which would have enabled them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- Category One: Applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
• be a national of a European Union member state OR Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
• have been ordinarily resident 6
in a European Union member state OR Iceland,
Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland for a continuous period of three of the five
years preceding 1 September 2021.
- Category Two: All other applicants who do NOT meet one or both criteria.
Value of Ireland Government Postgraduate Scholarship are :
- A minimal of €16,000 per annum
- A contribution to fees, also for non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
How to apply for Government Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship for 2020/2021
Potential applicants should read the 2021 Government of Ireland scholarship Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
|Call open||3 September 2020|
|FAQ deadline||22 October 2020|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 29 October 2020|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 5 November 2020|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 November 2020|
|Call outcome||End of March 2021|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2021|
For More Information:
Visit the official website of Government Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship for 2020/2021
Make sure you make use of our below media icon to share with your friends.