Health and Care Worker Visa Uk Requirements

Health and Care Worker Visa Uk –  Have you been in search of how to get a Uk health and care worker visa? If yes, then you know that this article right on this page is all you need as you are going to be shown all the requirements for the online application.

uk health visa online application


Health and Care Worker Visa is permit slip that allows medical professionals and their family members to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care. Having show you the short or brief introduction as it concerns Uk health and worker visa lets move to the next step which?


You may have been asking so many question to know who is qualified to apply for this Uk visa work permit but right here we shall clear you by listing what is required of you to apply.

To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

  • Be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
  • work in an eligible health or social care job
    work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
    have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
    be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do

Who is eligible?

Read carefully before application as we guide you on who is qualified to apply or not.

Doctors, nurses, health professionals and senior-level adult social workers are eligible for the visa. Eligibility is dependent on sponsorship from an employer with a valid Tier 2 sponsor licence. A person who fulfils the criteria of the job role will be issued with a certificate of sponsorship.

An application for a Tier 2 health and care visa can be made up to three months prior to the start date of your employment in the UK. The health and care visa is a ‘fast track’ immigration route, with decisions made on applications within three weeks of submitting biometric information. Submitting biometric information will cost £19.20.

Eligible jobs

  • Biological scientists and biochemists –            all jobs PhD role
    Physical Scientists –      shortage for roles in construction/oil and gas Not Shortage requires RLMT but PhD Role Medical physicist . Sponsors do not need to appoint a suitable settled worker when carrying out the RLMT for PhD-level occupations, if a migrant applicant is better qualified for the post.
  • Medical Practitioners
  • Psychologists
  • Pharmacists
  • Ophthalmic Opticians
  • Dental practitioners
  • Medical Radiographers
  • Podiatrists
  • Health Professionals not elsewhere classified
  • Physiotherapists
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Speech and Language Therapists
  • Therapy professionals not elsewhere classified
  • Nurses – all jobs though requires RLMT
  • Midwives
  • Social Workers
  • Paramedics

What are the Requirements For  Health and Care visa Application

The Health and Care visa applicants have to meet all the relevant criteria as under the Skilled Worker visa route, which are:

  • Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a UK licensed sponsor
  • Have the offer of a qualifying job that meets the relevant salary threshold
  • Have sufficient personal savings so that you can support yourself on arrival in the UK
  • Have a good working knowledge of the English language
  • Be able to show that you can travel, as well as providing your travel history over the preceding 5 years
  • Have valid tuberculosis test results, if you are from a listed country
  • Be able to provide a criminal record certificate from any country where you have lived for 12 months or more within the last 10 years, if you will be working with vulnerable people as a healthcare professional.

English Language Requirement

In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa you will need demonstrate English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference scale (CEFR) for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to at least level B1 (intermediate).

Prospective employees applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Health and Care Worker will satisfy the English language requirement if they:

  • Are a national of a majority English-speaking country;
  • Have passed a Secure English Language Test from an approved provider;
  • Have been awarded a degree-level academic qualification taught in English;
  • Obtained a GCSE/A Level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Highers or Advanced Higher in English while at school in the UK; or
  • Have already shown they met the requirement, of level B1, in a previous successful application for entry clearance or permission to stay.

If you are being sponsored to work as a doctor, dentist, nurse or midwife you do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you have already passed an English language assessment  accepted by the relevant professional regulatory body.

Duration of a Health and Care Worker Visa

If your application for a Health and Care Worker Visa is approved you will be granted entry clearance or permission to stay for a period ending 14 days after the end date of your Certificate of Sponsorship (which may be up to a maximum of 5 years after the start date of your Certificate of Sponsorship). Your certificate of sponsorship will state for how long your employer is sponsoring you.

You can usually apply to extend your Health and Care Worker visa if you still meet the salary requirements and :

  • You have the same job as when you were previously were given permission to enter or stay in the UK; or
  • Your job is in the same occupation code as when you were previously were given permission to enter or stay in the UK; or
  • You are working for the same employer who issued your current certificate of sponsorship.

How to apply for Health and Care Worker Visa Uk

You must apply online.

How you apply depends on whether you’re:

If you want to change your job or employer, you must apply to update your visa.

You can include your partner and children in your application to stay in the UK if they are eligible.