Are you looking for how to apply for USA Green Card? If yes then this article is made for you to see the requirements, eligibility and then the guideline on ways to apply for USA green card.Learn how to get a Green Card to become a permanent resident, check your green card case status, bring a foreign spouse to live in the U.S. and what documents you need when traveling back to the U.S. Also, find out how to enter or check your results for the Diversity Visa Lottery program.
A Green Card (Permanent Resident Card):
- Gives you official immigration status in the United States
- Entitles you to certain rights and responsibilities
- Is required if you wish to naturalize as a U.S. Citizen
If you have questions about applying for, renewing, or replacing a Green Card, contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Apply for a Green Card
- Find out if you’re eligible.
- If you are eligible, file Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees.
- USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you.
- Once issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years.
How to Apply For USA Green Card & Renew or Replace a Green Card
Learn how to renew or replace your Green Card:
- Renew your Green Card if your current card expired or will expire in the next six months.
- Replace your Green Card for a number of reasons, including loss or theft.
Check Your Case Status
- Go online to check the status of your case using your receipt number.
Beware of Scams
If you are not familiar with the immigration, visa or Green Card process, scammers will try to take advantage of you by getting your personal information or your money. Learn about common immigration scams and identity fraud. You can also file a complaint in your state.