Has it been long you register your national ID card and since then you have been looking for away you can check if your card is ready. Click here read on how to check the status of your National eID card to pick up your own.We know that this has been given you sleepless night that since you applied for NIMC card that you have not been able to access your own. Now we are here to guide you on the online verification to know if your card is ready for pick up.
On this page we assure you that once you take your time read with understanding in this article you will be able to know about your national ID card that you registered for over years ago.
If the card is ready, you can check via an online platform. You can also check the status of your National ID Card. It will show you if it is ready for pick up or not and has been dispatched to an Activation Centre.
Requirements for the National e-ID Card collection and activation
- Customer receives Batch ID Number via SMS.
- Applicants must have a 4 digit secret pin (only known to them) for the e-ID Card activation.
- Applicant’s fingerprints will be used for activation (for applicants with fingers only).
Process of Card Activation
- Card Owners walk into the NIMC Card collection Centre and present the text message or email printouts received from NIMC with the batch ID.
- The Card Operations Support Officer uses the batch ID extracted from the Card Owner’s SMS in order to sort out his/her Card.
- The Activation Officer after sorting the Card gives the Card Owner the e-ID Card to confirm his/her Names and Address on the Card Envelope.
- Following the Card Owner’s confirmation, the Card Owner is advised to open the card envelope, bring out the e-ID Card, and verify the Names, Date of Birth and Image on the face of the e-ID Card before Activation is done.
- If the Card Owner is satisfied with the information on the e-ID Card, the Activation officer collects the e-ID Card from the Card owner for a Match-on-Card (MOC) Verification.
- After the Match-on-Card (MOC) verification, the Activation Officer then Activates the Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI), Electronic ID (eID), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Applet and Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) Applet Using a four digit password created by the Card Owners (and only known to the card owner).
- The National e-ID Card will be returned to the Card owner after the completion of activation.
To check your card status visit: touch.nimc.gov.ng
Service Fee: FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 5p.m.)
Dependencies: Availability of Network
Please note that only those who have received an SMS can come forward to collect their Cards as directed in the SMS. No one can collect your National e-ID Card on your behalf. To qualify for a National e-ID Card, you must first be enrolled and have a National Identification Number (NIN).
How to Check the status of your National eID Card
Lets now guide you here on the steps on how you can successfully check to know if your card is ready for pick up.
Visit the nimc official site @ https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
Then click on Check now to show you if your card is ready for pick up.