Australia work permit and Visa application is a way of soliciting to Live, Work and Study in Australia, as well as bring your family and become an Australian Citizen if your application is successful and approved. We shall be walking you through on this page on How to get a Work Permit and Visa for Australia once you apply below.
Australia offers work permits and employment-based visas for different types of expert workers moving to Australia for job-related purposes. Some of the work visas for skilled professionals include the following list.
Types of Australia Work Permit Visa
Australia offers work permits and employment-based visas for different types of expert workers moving to Australia for job-related purposes. Some of the Australian work visas for skilled professionals include the following list.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa: An employer nominates a skilled worker to live and work in Australia.
- Skilled Independent visa: Invited workers and New Zealand citizens with skills the country needs to live and work in Australia can acquire this visa.
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa: An employer nominates an employee to live and work in a regional part of the country permanently.
- Skilled Nominated visa: Employers nominate skilled workers to live and work as permanent Australian residents.
- Temporary Skilled Shortage visa: Employers nominate a suitably skilled worker to temporarily work in Australia when a resident is not available for the position.
- Skilled Regional (Professional) visa: A temporary visa for skilled workers who want to live and work in a specific Australian region.
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa: A temporary visa for short-term, highly specialized work.
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa: A temporary visa for work meant to improve Australia’s international relations.
- Distinguished Talent visa: A permanent visa for individuals with an internationally recognized record of outstanding achievement in a certain area.
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa: Meant for developing or establishing a new or existing company.
Application Requirements for a Work Visa in Australia?
Every Australian work visa has its own requirements, and some are based on an immigration point system. Australian Work Visa Requirements depend on your circumstances and the type of visa you apply for.
Your employees may need different visas depending on their type of work and how long they’ll do it for your company. For the ENS visa, employees must show that they have the skills necessary for the job through a skills assessment. The job needs to be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations, and you must specifically nominate the employee.
Other requirements include:
- Completing a medical exam
- Meeting character requirements
- Demonstrating competent English
- Having three years of relevant work experience
- Being under 45 years of age
- Reading or having been explained the Life in Australia booklet
- Signing the Australian Values Statement
Cost of Australia Work Permit Visa
The Australian work visas mentioned above all have a cost of 4,045 AUD (2,955 USD) with the exception of the following:
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa – 1,265 AUD (925 USD) for short-term stream or 2,645 AUD (1,925 USD) for medium-term stream
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (extended stay pathway) – 360 AUD (265 USD)
- Temporary Work visas – 310 AUD (225 USD) except in limited circumstances
- Distinguished Talent visa – 4,110 AUD (3,000 USD)
AUSTRALIA WORK PERMIT VISA PROCESS:
Steps to apply for a work visa:
- Determine the category of work visa you are eligible for
- Ensure that you satisfy the requirements of the points-based assessment (Skillselect)
- Make sure your employer completes an online nomination/sponsorship form before you can apply for the visa
- Fill the online application form of the visa category
- Submit the relevant information and supplementary documents along with your application.
- Pay your application fee for processing your visa
Y-Axis has extensive experience with helping individuals secure an Australian Work Visa. The key documents necessary to apply for this visa include:
- Evidence of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Provide educational and employment documentation
- Health insurance
Typically, the work visa takes 2-5 months to be processed. A Y-Axis Work Visa Expert will help you with the visa application processing and work with you to create a thorough and comprehensive visa application to increase your chances of success. Once your visa is processed you can travel to Australia for work.
The visa fees change from time to time. The cost of your visa is dependent on the date we receive your application. If there is a price increase between the date you lodge your application and the date the immigration department receives your application, you will need to pay the new application charge. You must ensure that you have the available funds to cover the surcharges.
Visa application charges are usually in Australian dollars (AUD) which must be paid with the visa application. However, in some cases, there are no visa application charges.
Work Permit Visa Application Form for Australia
You can apply for most visas online on the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website via ImmiAccount. If your visa requires an official invitation to apply, you can submit an EOI on SkillSelect.
Sponsored visas require you to sponsor the employee for them to apply. However, you must be an approved sponsor with a nomination transaction reference number (TRN) or employer ID. Once you have those, the employee can apply for Australia work permit visa online.
Australia’s Medical Exam for Your Visa
If your visa requires you to meet Australia’s health standards, you may be subject to a health examination. This could include a medical exam, TB Screening test, chest x-ray, HIV test, hepatitis B and C test, and syphilis test, depending on the visa you are applying for.
To arrange your health examination if in Australia, you can do so with Bupa Medical Visa Services.
If you are outside of the country, you can book your medical exam with one of the Department’s approved panel physicians or clinics. For information on this, you can contact an immigration office near you.
Australia’s Immigration Point System
If you are invited to apply for a visa that requires a points test, this is an overview of the points system:
- At least 18 but less than 25 years old—25 points
- At least 25 but less than 33 years old—30 points
- At least 33 but less than 40 years old—25 points
- At least 40 but less than 45 years old—15 points
English Language Skills
- Competent English—0 points
- Proficient English—10 points
- Superior English—20 points
Overseas Skilled Employment
- Less than three years—0 points
- At least three but less than five years—5 points
- At least five but less than eight years—10 points
- At least eight years—15 points
Australian Skilled Employment
- Less than a year—0 points
- At least one but less than three years—5 points
- At least three but less than five years—10 points
- At least five but less than eight years—15 points
- At least eight years—20 points
Unique and Important Considerations
Keep in mind that employees may also need a permanent visa, as not all work visas lead to permanent residency. Skilled work visas, business/investor-stream permanent visas, and family visas all allow employees to remain in Australia indefinitely. Permanent residency also provides certain benefits, such as enrollment in the national health scheme and the ability to buy property, work in New Zealand, and more.