Lets us discuss with you here the tips on how to recover hacked whatsapp account from hackers – Do you know that you can still recover that your whatsapp hacked account? All you need to do is to read through this article and get the steps on how to recover and secure your whatsapp account against hackers.
On this page article we shall be discussing on things you need to do on your whatsapp account to avoid hackers taking over your account without your permission but before then in would like to let you understand what whatsapp is all about in case you don’t know.
What is Whatsapp?
WhatsApp Messenger account is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
We are very worried about securing your whatsapp account due to the recent ranging of hackers taking over your whatsapp account without your permission and the person will start using your name to fraud people. The good news we have brought here for you is that we have very reliable way you can secure your whatsapp account and as well recover your whatsapp account if hacked.
How to Recover Hacked Whatsapp account
If your WhatsApp account has been hacked, you’re obviously in peril but that doesn’t mean that you haven’t left with any other option besides feeling bad about it. We’ve here listed some of the follow-up course of action to deal with such menacing scenario.
1.Remove or detete Your WhatsApp Messenger Account – The first and foremost step is to delete your WhatsApp account to stop the further unratified use of it. Many of the users misunderstand uninstalling of an app same as deleting it but that’s not the case. Uninstalling of WhatsApp wouldn’t deactivate your account. You may delete your account right from the app itself or go to web support if needed.
Though deleting WhatsApp account is an irreversible action but it’s a crucial step to secure your intimate information from evil eyes. Your message history and Google drive backup would also be erased, once you deactivate your account. Moreover, you’ll be auto removed from all the WhatsApp groups.
2. Email WhatsApp support to deactivate your account – In order to make sure no one uses your WhatsApp account you can deactivate your account by sending an email to WhatsApp support at email@example.com with the phrase “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account” in the body.
Please note Upon successful deactivation you have 30 days to reactivate your account before it gets deleted completely.
3. Check Out WhatsApp Web – WhatsApp Web is the extension of WhatsApp messenger over the web in order to facilitate the synchronization of your phone with desktop/laptop but it’s the biggest hole for the trespassers to peep into your personal WhatsApp space. Hence, it’s recommended to use this feature wisely and carefully. Go to WhatsApp web and immediately tap on the option of ‘Log out from all the computers’. This’ll cease all the web extension of your WhatsApp account.
4. Reinstalling WhatsApp every day – As tedious as this sounds, it’s one of the best ways to mitigate the possibility of unauthorized sessions of your WhatsApp account. And always remember to enable two-step verification under the settings menu with each install.
5.Report the Issue – Reach out to the WhatsApp help support through its help desk and report your issue. Security is the top priority of WhatsApp developers and hence they’re incorporating the best security features from time to time to provide the best user satisfaction. WhatsApp help center would actively resolve your reported issue via emails or within the app itself. This would also help you in taking any legal actions against intruders.
6. Take Help of Cyber-Security – With the increasing involvement of the internet into our lives, every country has their own cyber laws and regulations along with the provisions of strict actions against floaters. WhatsApp hacking victim should lodge a formal complaint to the cyber law department of their respective country. This’s also suggested for the legal proceedings, in case if any.
7. Alert Your Friends and Family – Don’t forget to tell your friends and family that your WhatsApp account has been hacked and they might receive objectionable text or content from the compromised account. Also, update your status on all social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter that yourWhatsApp account has been fall into the wrong hands.
8. Additional knowledge – Online security and its infringement go side by side, the truth is that hacking ca not be completely eradicated but we can minimize its effect by adopting some security tips.
Though WhatsApp is the robust messenger with its two-factor authentication but it can’t be 100% secure. At present, it’s one of the highly used messaging application in the world and hence storing the colossal amount of data, which, unfortunately, if hacked, creates a massive disruption for the account holders.
How to Secure Your Whatsapp Account
Somewhat confusingly, the PIN is also six digits long. In order to set it up:
- Open WhatsApp and tap the three dots on the top right of the screen
- Hit “Settings” > “Account” and then pick “Two-step verification”
- Hit “Enable,” and then pick your six-digit PIN. The gallery of screenshots below will walk you through the whole process.
Was this Helpful?