Is your international passport about to expire or it has already expired? Do you know that you can renew it instead of going for new one? In here, we shall be discussing on the requirements and guideline on how to renew international passport online without any stress.
Before we proceed in showing steps to renew your expired international passport i would like to let you understand what international passport is all about.
What Is International Passport?
A passport is a travel document, usually issued by the government of a nation, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. A valid Nigerian international passport is a vital piece of document issued to Nigerian citizens intending to travel outside the country.
Let us show you requirements for obtaining a new international passport before showing you requirements and guideline to renew expired one.
How to Apply for New International Passport Online Requirements
Below are the guidelines to obtain your international passport online and the required documents:
- Nigerian Passport Application form (should be completed online & printed out).
- Payment Slip.
- Local Government State of Origin.
- Birth Certificate.
- Change of name affidavit (if you’ve changed your name before).
- Photocopy of Applicant’s data page.
- Two current passport-size photographs.
- Driver’s License.
- Processing Nigerian passport fee of N15,000.
Below is the process on how to pay online after you have gotten the above documents.
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal here
- Locate & click on the e-passport tab to in the appropriate application form to start the process
- Select your preferred passport type.
- Select your Processing Country.
- Fill in the form with your current and correct details.
- Upload the scanned copies of your required documents
- Select your payment method and proceed to online payment.
- Click on Submit
What are the requirements?
During your initial application (which is online), select your nearest passport office. Whether you have an expired passport or one that is about to expire, the requirements for the Nigerian passport renewal are as follows:
- Application letter
- Passport booklet
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport
- Acknowledgement slip and proof of payment
How to Renew International Passport
The International passport renewal process must first be done online. At the end of your application process, you may collect your passport.
- Visit the Nigerian Immigration Services portal
- Select passport type
- Select a processing country
- Complete application form
- Select your preferred payment method
- Once payment is completed, click “Submit”
- You will be issued an Application ID and Reference number
- Print out Guarantor’s formand have it certified
- Submit the completed application form with additional required documents in person at your selected passport office
- If your passport is more than six months old, you will need to have your photograph taken and your biometric data captured
The Nigerian passport renewal application takes around 72 hours to process after your biometric data has been captured. In some cases, it has taken up to a month to process, so be sure to apply well in advance. You will be notified by text or email, after which you can visit the immigration office to collect your passport.