Mtn Science & Technology Scholarship Form 2020 – Here is another golden opportunity as mtn has released their annual scholarship form for students to apply. On this page article we shall be guiding you on the steps to apply successfully with the requirements.
The MTN Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students. It is made up of the MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (MTN SSBS). Both Scholarships under the Youth Empowerment Cause, are currently in their 9th and 7th phase respectively.
Under both scholarships, eligible 300 level students studying Science & Technology related courses and blind students studying in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) across Nigeria are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation as long as they maintain the required grades.
Requirements for MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
The student must be in their third year at the time of application, ie they must be in 300L
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University.
36 Mtn scholarship courses to apply
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Applied Physics
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Computer Technology
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/Computational Modeling
- Pure/Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
Interview date, Process and Venue for MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test.
Application Deadline is 2 weeks from date of publication
Documents Required for Application
- 2 recent passport photographs
- A valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
July 21, 2020
How to Apply for Mtn Science & Technology Scholarship Form
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Foundation on foundation.mtnonline.com to apply
Scholarship applicants will have to fill an online application form providing details on their matriculation number, department, CGPA, course of study, home address etc.
Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies and on the MTN Nigeria website – www.mtnonline.com
For more detials about this scholarship, visit MTN Foundation scholarship website