Very year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation identifies talented young Nigerians from the various Partner Universities that have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises needed to aid them in long term career development.
The NHEF Scholars Programme is designed to assist undergraduate students who are enrolled in any of the NHEF Partner Universities in Nigeria for the 2022 academic session.
About Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF)
In 2000, the Partnership for Higher Education in Africa (PHEA) was launched by four institutions based on the belief that higher education was critical to Africa’s renaissance. The initial partnership included The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and the Carnegie Foundation of New York and a few years later, three Foundations; Mellon Foundation, Kresge Foundation and Hewlett Foundation joined PHEA. The NHEF is working toward a future in which Nigerian higher education is one of the best in the world – one where Nigerian institution.
Aim and Benefits of NHEF Annual Scholarship Essay Competition
- The Grand Prize winner will be awarded ?100,000, a new laptop, 1 online certificate course*, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
- The First Runner-up will be awarded ?75,000, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
- The Second Runner-up will be awarded ?50,000, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
*The online certificate course may not exceed $100 on Udemy, Coursera, Alison or EDX.
**1-year internet subscription estimated at 24Gb on the winner’s preferred mobile network.
Requirements for NHEF Annual Scholarship Essay Competition Qualification
- This competition is only open to students enrolled at NHEF Partner Universities. NHEF will verify the enrolment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, Kano, Kwara State University, University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Port Harcourt.
- Previous NHEF Essay Competition & Scholars Program beneficiaries are not eligible to participate in this competition.
Essays must abide by the following guidelines prior to submission:
- Entries should reflect author’s ability to explore and discuss ideas / ethical concepts and demonstrate the conduct of research with a sufficiently detailed summary.
- Only one entry may be submitted per student.
- The essay must include a title page, a bibliography, and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current Student ID.
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header of each page.
- The essay must not exceed 2000 words. It must be double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font, and contain numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding the bibliography and title page.
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
How to Apply
The COVID-19 pandemic has dismantled global conventions and most notably impacted the activities of higher education institutions. Adapting to a new stay-at-home landscape, global education systems have responded with digitally innovative methods of teaching and learning that will redefine the future of classroom training.
Using relevant examples, critically analyze the role of digital technology in transitioning higher education in Nigeria to a post-pandemic system.
- Naming convention is as follows: 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Name of Applicant e.g., 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Adekunle Ciroma Ahmed.
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format.
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com